Check out some of the scrumptious work our talented young writers concocted at last Saturday's "Peanut Butter and the Pen" food writing lab!
Food similes and metaphors:
"The chocolate was bittersweet. It tasted optimistic and cocky at the same time."
"Hunger snaked up my body like a slippery game of tug-of-war."
"The strawberry was as red as a bursting heart."
"The strawberry's blood red color burst into the world."
"Specialty-Me" Recipes - What are you made of?
- Add 8 oz. of school to 5 tsp. of math.
- Mix well.
- 3 oz. of fun as well as 9 tsp. of helpful.
- A sprinkle of writing with just a dash of chocolate should be mixed with 10 cups of family.
- Drop into one pot and let rise.
- After it rises, bake for about 10 mins. until golden brown.
- At the end, arrange some sister and soccer on top.
- (Very nice to serve some Feliza on the side).
Serve on special occasions.
- Mince smartness and caramelize great voice. Mix.
- Put in lavender, best fruzzie and reading.
- Put aside and take out athlete and horses and kindness and caramelize.
- Bake older sister, soccer, and green.
- Mix everything and stick happiness and ice cream in.
- Boil with lots of butter and frost in razzberry and chocolate icing.
- Put on compassion and slice it.
Couldn't make it Saturday? Feel free to contribute your own writing in our comments section!